Modern medicine can be an amazing, life-saving tool. When surgery or fast-acting pharmaceuticals are necessary, it saves lives. But for chronic, on-going, more mysterious conditions, modern medicine often fails to meet basic expectations that heal, symptom-solve, re-invigorate energy and provide a path to better health. What is needed is a holistic, methodical and science-based approach to daily health. Natural ways to heal the body allow it to return to a state of healthy equilibrium, and a physiological and mental-emotional balance.
Functional Diagnostic Nutrition is that holistic, science-based approach.
What is Functional Diagnostic Nutrition?
Functional Diagnostic Nutrition, or “FDN” uses laboratory assessments to identify malfunctions and underlying conditions that are the root cause of many common health complaints such as chronic pain, fatigue and achy joints.
These laboratory tests reveal imbalances and metabolic markers for your hormones, immune system, digestion, detoxification, energy production and the nervous system. Based on these findings along with information that you provide, we make recommendations regarding nutrition, sleep/rest, exercise and supplementation that restore health by supporting your body’s innate ability to heal itself.
There is no one-size-fits-all as every individual’s chemistry, biology, history and metabolism is unique. We do not diagnose or treat diseases. Instead, based on findings from your laboratory tests, we coax your body’s chemistry back into balance.
What is the Process?
TEST » EDUCATE » RECOMMEND » FOLLOW-UP
TEST: We start by ordering functional laboratory tests. The test kits are delivered to your home with clear instructions of how to provide your biological specimens and return your kit to the lab.
EDUCATE: Once your labs come back, I review the results and make sure that you understand how these results relate to the symptoms you are experiencing. Next we review the steps necessary to return your body to optimal health.
RECOMMEND: Our recommendations include behavioral modifications including exercise, rest, and steps to reduce stress, along with nutritional recommendations including food choices and supplements.
FOLLOW-UP: After testing and recommendations, we follow up to make sure you are successful. This includes coaching sessions to answer your questions, reviewing your response to supplements and behavior modifications, and scheduling follow-up testing to ensure that your markers of health are returning to an optimal balance.
D.R.E.S.S. for Health Success
- Diet: There is no one perfect diet or food plan that’s right for everyone. Every person’s chemistry, metabolism and sensitivities are unique and taken into consideration. Diet recommendations will include the elimination of inflammatory foods such as sugar, trans-fats, processed and chemically-laden foods; while increasing nutrient dense, organic (when possible), and chemical-free foods.
- Rest: The body heals at night while we sleep. good sleep habits are critical to both healing and health maintenance. Periods of rest during our waking hours can also contribute greatly to reducing metabolic chaos, the erratic fluctuations in stress hormones and blood sugar.
- Exercise: The absence of daily activity does almost as much damage to our body as smoking. Movement is critical to proper circulation, metabolism, detoxification and mental acuity. What is enough? What is too much? We will finely tune activity and exercise so that it supports your body’s specific requirements.
- Supplements: Over-farming, pesticides, preservatives and storage deplete our food of essential vitamins and nutrients. We supplement to replace what we’re not getting enough of to be healthy. At times we need therapeutic doses to start to feel better. FDN uses only natural, high quality botanicals to coax the body back to optimal health.
- Stress Reduction: We work together to reduce the metabolic stress on your body from within, and to find ways to meet and overcome the inevitable external stresses that make up our every day lives. Strategies for managing your stresses are explored and tailored so that you feel more empowered and grounded.
Who can benefit from FDN?
90% of today’s doctor visits are for stress-related conditions: fatigue, pain, headaches, backaches, digestive problems, insomnia, anxiety, foggy thinking, panic attacks, weight gain, and mood swings. These chronic conditions frustrate today’s medical doctors because the symptoms do not fit into a disease category that they treat.
FDN does not diagnose or treat disease. We look for biological markers that lead us to the underlying metabolic imbalances that are responsible for the symptoms that you experience. If you have lost your vitality, have experienced a decline in what you consider your best self, feel “off” or that you’re falling behind your own expectation of vital health and have been frustrated by the use of medications, then you may find that Functional Diagnostic Nutrition and D.R.E.S.S. for Health is a path to better health and vitality.
Set up your initial consultation