When you’re trying to conceive, the holidays are anything but typical. November and December are grand when life is on the upswing. But difficult conception adds a level of emotional confusion that can complicate and create additional burdens that can totally hijack the holidays that you’d like to experience.
Now is the time to set your compass for the holidays. What is most important to you? Who do you want to be with? Who do you prefer NOT to be with? How do you want to feel? What would you like to say to yourself after the holidays are over?
Imagine that you can:
- Choose exactly who you want to be with during the holidays
- Take a trip to the Carribbean this year, or even West Virginia
- Decide now, which parties you will or will not attend
- Put healthy boundaries around your gift giving
- Give to yourself and not feel selfish
- Allow yourself to feel sad if that’s how you feel
You get to choose. You are an adult and get to decide. But it won’t just happen. You have to set your compass to move in the direction of: peacefulness, connecting with chosen friends, travel, charity, family or not, food choices, sensible spending (if that’s your choice), meaningful celebraton, spiritual experience, even party like crazy… The point is, you get to choose.
Here is your HOLIDAY PLANNING guide to help you plan and enjoy your holidays.
It helps to be with others who understand. Fertility Road will be meeting again on December 10. Lots of good ideas get tossed around here. Join us.